[sane-devel] Brother Scanner Entry 55-libsane.rules (openSUSE 11.1)

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Wed Jul 22 09:49:35 UTC 2009

Johannes Meixner <jsmeix at suse.de> wrote:

Hi,

> I really do not understand at all why there are close-minded
> manufacturers who insist to do everything on their own
> based on their own internal Windows-like assumptions

It's not a problem of being open-minded vs. not, it's a problem of
having competent people on board vs. not. It's all down to the
resources (quality & quantity) they are willing to put behind their
Linux support.

> and never ever get the great new idea to simply ask
> the SANE developers and/or the well known persons at the
> Linux distributors who work regading "scanners".

And that last part about asking /may/ have some cultural implications.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169