[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 4400c: A Friendly Reminder

Wolfram Heider wolframheider at web.de
Tue Jul 28 02:22:11 UTC 2009

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 02:53:41 +0200, Mike B. <mb78aa at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> There has been no reply to my email from July 20 about HP Scanjet 4400c
> (please find the email below). I would appreicate suggestions on how to
> get this
> scanner working with SANE as it is currently sitting idle (works fine
> in Windows XP).
>

> Cheers,
>
> Mike.

In the list of the supported devices there is a note  that the 4400c is
coming with two two different sensorss with only one of them being
supported. - Maybe you had the bad luck to get one with the wrong sensor.
In this case the chances are poor to get it running.
Another point is that you are obviously running under debian. Out of any
reason the SANE .deb-packages seem to be broken now and again. So you
might exchange it with packages from the SANE server (it's a ./configure
./make
./make install installation) and see what's going on then.

Wolfram Heider