[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 4400c: A Friendly Reminder

Mike B. mb78aa at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 28 03:00:29 UTC 2009

Hi Triften,

Thanks for replying. Running `hp4600scanfullfile' as su I get:
usb_set_debug: Setting debugging level to 255 (on)
usb_os_find_busses: Found 008
usb_os_find_busses: Found 007
usb_os_find_busses: Found 004
usb_os_find_busses: Found 005
usb_os_find_busses: Found 006
usb_os_find_busses: Found 003
usb_os_find_busses: Found 002
usb_os_find_busses: Found 001
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 008
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 007
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 004
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 005
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 006
usb_os_find_devices: Found 002 on 003
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 003
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
usb_os_find_devices: Found 003 on 002
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
skipped 1 class/vendor specific interface descriptors
usb_os_find_devices: Found 002 on 002
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 002
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
error obtaining child information: Inappropriate ioctl for device
usb_os_find_devices: Found 001 on 001
hp4600scanfullfile: hp4600-scanfullpage11.c:332: main: Assertion `dev' failed.
Aborted

Any suggestions?.

Cheers and thanks,
Mike.