[sane-devel] epson2 updated, need testing

Dominik Wnek dominalien at netscape.net
Tue Jun 2 11:13:21 UTC 2009

Dnia 2009-06-02, wto o godzinie 01:47 +0200, Alessandro Zummo pisze:

>  Hello,
>
>    I just committed a reorganization of the epson2 driver which
>  should also have fixed the recently reported networking problems.
>
>   I'd appreciate if you can test it.
>
>   Still in the pipeline:
>
>  - rescan devices where appropriate
>  - color correction profiles
>  - infrared support
>  - support for warmup condition
>  - updates on supported devices

I just compiled the latest version from git.

Scanning with PX700W: the scanner now works over the network - in
binary, greyscale, colour, in various resolutions. xsane shows DPIs up
to 2400.

1. Sometimes, xsane will show "I/O Error" - maybe 2 times out of 10.
Trying again works.

2. The image scanned is not OK.

- Towards the top, it's "stretched" a little bit vertically. This
appears in all resolutions.

- Starting with 600 dpi in colour (when the scanner moves the scanning
head back and forth) horizontal stripes of the image are cut-out/
possibly misaligned. Similar to this, in various resolutions (300, 600
dpi) and colour/grayscale, there are _vertical_ stripes which are
missing. I will provide sample images if you wish.

None the less, a huge improvement, thanks! Scanning over the network is
insanely impressive :-)

Dominik