[sane-devel] ICC support - summing up

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Mon Jun 8 16:47:18 UTC 2009

Yiannis Belias <jonnyb at hol.gr> wrote:

Hi,

> The next part is getting the profile over the network.
> It would be ideal to transfer the profile through the normal sane transport
> mechanism, since it's already there.
> So is it possible to add an extra call to a function like get_icc_profile() ?
> Then saned would contact the local Oyranos database and send
> the profile to the client machine.
> Julien noted that the network api is a 1:1 map of the sane api, but I'm
> not sure why an addition like this is can be a problem.
> Any help appreciated, I started looking at the saned code, but this may take a while...

The counterpart to saned is the net backend, which is usually used
through the dll backend. Both only implement the SANE API and only
provide the SANE API calls.

Now, where does your get_icc_profile() fit in there? Right, it
doesn't.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>