[sane-devel] ICC support - summing up

Yiannis Belias jonnyb at hol.gr
Mon Jun 8 19:17:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

Julien BLACHE wrote
> The counterpart to saned is the net backend, which is usually used
> through the dll backend. Both only implement the SANE API and only
> provide the SANE API calls.
>
> Now, where does your get_icc_profile() fit in there? Right, it
> doesn't.
>
> JB.

:) Actually I was hoping that saned could implement an extra function call
without the need for the dll or even (maybe) the net backend to be aware of it.
I understand that this would brake the api for the network part.
If that won't happen, do you see any other way of getting a remote profile
without having to update every backend to a new version of the sane api?

Thank's,
Yiannis