[sane-devel] Most Hackable Scanner?

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 17:46:25 UTC 2009

Are you trying to build a digital back for something like a medium
format body, or are you trying to build one of these panoramic
machines?

This seems to come up on this mailing list every few months, so you
could try searching the archive, but in general you will likely want a
CCD machine instead of a CIS machine. Smarter machines (like fujitsu)
do lots of self-tests and self calibration, and will not like being
dissembled. Dumber machines require more work from the software, which
you can choose not to do :)

allan