[sane-devel] SANE frozen in amber ?

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Thu Jun 11 19:10:19 UTC 2009

"m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

[gah the mail was really for the list, sorry]

> We can certainly open the API up for changes, but whoever wants to see
> the change had better be prepared to go into every backend and add the
> code...

Or we just take the sane (yeah, right, can we change our project's
name one of these days, too?) path and have only supported backends be
part of the package for the next API revision, with other backends
following suit later (or not).

That would maybe bring some more contributors, which can't be a bad
thing, and it'd be honest about which backends are maintained and
which aren't.

JB.
--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>