[sane-devel] Fujitsu Double Feed Detect with sane , but not Windows Closed Driver

Deon Bredenhann deon at outprosys.com
Sat Jun 13 21:22:51 UTC 2009

Hi all

I'm sitting with some obscure problem. Thanx to some input from allan, I
found the the error from our python-imaging-sane module, is the
double-feed-detect error. Now this error has been popping up more and
more on a scanner at one of our clients offices. And roller replacement
does not stop the double feed anymore. When scanning, double feed error
pops up and scanning stops. You open the scanner, an lo and behold,
there are two pages in the scanner. This means that our software works
fine and detects the double feed as it should.

Now for the completely freaky part. The service tech comes in to service
the scanner, plug in his Windows laptop, use their own software and
Fujitsu drivers and scans the batch without a single problem. Take the
batch, put it through the scanner again, but plug it into the Linux box
with sane, and df-error on the first page. Two pages stuck in the
scanner. He claims that it is out software. I say that software doesn't
pull two page into the scanner.
How is this possible? He assured me the he has double feed detect on,
and we confirmed it with counting the number of pages that comes out of
the scanner. This is driving me bonkers. I'll be going out to the client
this Monday to see for myself, but would like to know if any of you have
seen this before.

Running a Fujitsu fi-6670 and fi-6770 on Debian Lenny with sane 1.0.19

Any ideas will be great.

Thanx a mil
Deon