[sane-devel] SANE frozen in amber ?

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Mon Jun 15 18:55:23 UTC 2009

Alessandro Zummo <azummo-lists at towertech.it> wrote:

Hi,

>> 4: make our API modifications small enough that old backends will be
>> forward compatible
>>
>> Note that all 4 of these options are easier for the programmer if the
>> API changes are kept small. Are there any other choices?
>
>  my vote is for the 4th option.

And here I was, thinking you people wanted to see some progress made.

You do realize that option 4 basically guarantees that pretty much
nothing major will happen, will drag on for years and basically be
a pain to manage because there will be lot of small changes all the
time?

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>