[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE 700F

Johan Eklund klotis at kth.se
Tue Jun 16 18:57:00 UTC 2009

Hi list!

I just tested "CanoScan LiDE 700F" today 2009-06-16.

$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 04a9:1907 Canon, Inc.

$ dpkg -l | grep sane
ii  libsane
1.0.19-23ubuntu7                          API library for scanners
ii  libsane-extras
1.0.19.11ubuntu2                          API library for scanners --
extra backends
ii  sane-utils
1.0.19-23ubuntu7                          API library for scanners --
utilities
ii  xsane
0.996-1ubuntu2                            featureful graphical frontend
for SANE (Scan
ii  xsane-common
0.996-1ubuntu2                            featureful graphical frontend
for SANE (Scan

$ uname -a
Linux ***** 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:58:03 UTC
2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I just plugged it in and started XSane. XSane reported "Not found". I
will return this scanner first thing tomorrow, so I won't be able to any
futher testing, but this info might be of interest to others.

Best Regards,
Johan