[sane-devel] API addition request

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Sun Jun 21 10:33:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 09:50:33 +0200 (CEST)
Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:

> > even when it is off. If we make it part of a sane 2 standard, then we can
> > require that backends set the bit properly.
>
> Agreed for sane 2 to official support the SANE_CAP_COLOR flag.

 Should the default behaviour of a backend not to alter the color
 output as much as possible?

 I recently noticed, while working on the epson2 color
 correction profiles, that the default option told the scanner to
 "adapt for CRT monitors".

 I'm planning to introduce profiles shortly and to revert this default
 to "no correction".

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,