[sane-devel] Regarding Canon DR-2050C using sane-1.0.20 backend _ Duplex Option

Rajesh Shah rajesh at finlogicindia.com
Mon Jun 22 12:39:17 UTC 2009

Thank you very much for your reply . I was able to scan the page with
duplex mode ..

Basically my requirement is to create a multipage image with optimum
size in tiff .

I am using the following command to acheive a single tiff file from 2
tiffs.

On doing so , I get this

# tiffcp -c g4 img1.tiff img2.tiff img3.tiff
img3.tiff: Bits/sample must be 1 for Group 3/4 encoding/decoding.
img3.tiff: Error, can't write strip 0.

I also used the tiffinfo img1.tiff to get the deetails of the file .
[rrshah at rajeshoffice ~]$ tiffinfo img2.tiff
TIFF Directory at offset 0x8 (8)
  Subfile Type: (0 = 0x0)
  Image Width: 850 Image Length: 1100
  Resolution: 100, 100 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 8
  Compression Scheme: None
  Photometric Interpretation: min-is-black
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 1100
  Min Sample Value: 0
  Max Sample Value: 255
  Planar Configuration: single image plane

After searching furthure on this case , I found that the tiff files
should in Black and White ( or LineArt) .. I then used the mode but
there are only 2 modes one is gray and other is colour  .

Kindly help .. I am almost on the verge of getting this working ..

Rajesh Shah