[sane-devel] Nikon CoolScan LS-9000 ED support

Gerber van der Graaf gerber.vdgraaf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 20:24:56 UTC 2009

Hi,
I had a look at the development of the Sane project for the Nikon
Coolscan 9000 ED and found your mailpost
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2008-June/022254.html
to be the last one, already one year ago. Has there been some
development since then?

I really am looking forward when Sane, or any other GPL project, will
work fine with this scanner as I get fed up with propietary programs
which are said to work on GNU/Linux, like Vuescan, but hardly never work
fine and support is at minimum. I would like to keep in touch with the
newest developments for this scanner and eventually will colaborate.
Though I have no experiences in writing driver software, I might help
with the testing on Debian/Unstable system.

Sincerely,
Gerber van der Graaf

--
Gpiv developer: Open Source Software for Particle Image Velocimetry