[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE 100 to work with ubuntu

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Fri Jun 26 12:35:52 UTC 2009

Hi Sivananda,

sivananda schrieb:
> Dear Mr. Pierre,
>
> I have problem with CanoScan LiDE 100 to work with ubuntu. The reason
> behind my worry is I have purchased these scanners( more than 5000
> pieces) for school at very remote places but found not working. I got
> your references from the community and would appeal to help me.

I am very sorry, but i don't have the time to add support for GL843
based scanners. Although this chip is similar to the gl841/2, it is
different enough to require a new "sub backend" in the genesys backend.

I can help the implementor with usb-decoding scripts for gl843 and my
knowledge about the gl841/2 chips.

Again, i am sorry i cannot help.

Regards,
  Pierre