[sane-devel] HP Scanjet G 2710 & backend from the CVS server

JKD jkdsoft at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 20:54:59 UTC 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009 15:11:49 Jacek Rużyczka wrote:
> Am Sonntag 22 Februar 2009 22:34:51 schrieb m. allan noah:
> > I dont use SUSE, but I can make some educated guesses about their system:
> >
> > 1. install the libusb-devel package from suse. I assume yast can do this?
> >
> > 2. as root, remove parts of existing sane
> >
> > rm -rf /usr/lib/sane
> > rm -f /usr/lib/libsane*
> > rm -rf /etc/sane.d
> >
> > 3. as non-root: download sane backends snapshot from:
> >
> > http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/
> >
> > 4. tar xzf sane-backends-VERSION.tar.gz (replace VERSION with that of
> > the file you downloaded)
> >
> > 5. cd sane-backends
> >
> > 6. ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-locking
> >
> > 7. make
> >
> > 8. as root, in the same directory: make install
> >
> > 9. Then run 'scanimage -L' as root with the scanner plugged in and turned
> > on, and lets see if it shows up.
> >
> > allan
>
> Hi,
>
> I 've tried it out with the fresh sourcecode from the CVS server. No use.
> scanimage -L says:
>
> device 'hp3900:libusb:004:005' is an Unknown RTS8822 chipset based flatbed
> scanner.

If you've compiled source code from CVS server scanimage should detect your
device as "Hewlett-Packard Scanjet G2710 flatbed scanner"

Maybe, binary for hp3900 backend has been installed in a different location
(for example /usr/local/lib) and scanimage is just using the old version
located in /usr/lib.

Jonathan Bravo Lopez