[sane-devel] colors messed up (scanjet 4370)

Ian van der Neut ivdneut at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 21:39:33 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I searched the archives and googled, but I can't find anything that
resembles my problem. The problem is illustrated by the images:

http://apache.dataloss.nl/~ian/img.png which was scanned with:
$ scanimage --mode Gray > img.pnm (the pnm images are also under the same url).
This one looks as expected, however, there's color on the paper, that
I'd like to see, so I scanned with:

scanimage --mode Color > imgcolor.pnm This results in:
http://apache.dataloss.nl/~ian/imgcolor.png As you can see, the bottom
part is displayed five times, then a part just above the middle, then
a part just above that. Also, the CMYK colors are positioned offset
from eachother, except the bottom part for the first time.

Does anyone give me some pointers as to how to fix this, or could this
be a problem with the scanner itself? I'm not very experienced with
scanning.

Thank you very much,

Ian.