[sane-devel] colors messed up (scanjet 4370)

JKD jkdsoft at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 22:14:27 UTC 2009

On Friday 13 March 2009 22:39:33 Ian van der Neut wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I searched the archives and googled, but I can't find anything that
> resembles my problem. The problem is illustrated by the images:
>
> http://apache.dataloss.nl/~ian/img.png which was scanned with:
> $ scanimage --mode Gray > img.pnm (the pnm images are also under the same
> url). This one looks as expected, however, there's color on the paper, that
> I'd like to see, so I scanned with:
>
> scanimage --mode Color > imgcolor.pnm This results in:
> http://apache.dataloss.nl/~ian/imgcolor.png As you can see, the bottom
> part is displayed five times, then a part just above the middle, then
> a part just above that. Also, the CMYK colors are positioned offset
> from eachother, except the bottom part for the first time.
>
> Does anyone give me some pointers as to how to fix this, or could this
> be a problem with the scanner itself? I'm not very experienced with
> scanning.

I've got a HP4370 and I can not reproduce your problem but try latest code
located at sourceforge's SVN server:

https://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&group_id=150599

Latest version implements native calibration in reflective scans. More info
can be found at:

https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3023691&forum_id=503228

Jonathan Bravo Lopez