[sane-devel] no backend news since early 2008?

Halim Issa yallaone at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 09:33:25 UTC 2009

I am trying to research before buying a new scanner which is best supported by SANE. Having searched both the stable (1.0.19) and cvs-version (based on the web manufacturer/backend search), haven't found any updates or news for more than 12 months, leading me to believe I am searching the wrong places.

Furthermore, based on the two above searches, I have been unable to find any scanner currently on sale in Norway, Sweden and Denmark that is currently supported by SANE and within a reasonable price range (ie not above $500).

Am I searching the wrong places, or has something changed preventing new scanners to be supported by upcoming versions of sane?

any insight or pointers to a faq i have missed would be greatly appreciated!