[sane-devel] Genesys sheetfed scanner update

Jack McGill jmcgill85258 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 00:22:44 UTC 2009

To list and Pierre,

I recently received a Visioneer XP100, rev 3,  usb vid x04a7 pid0x049b, which has a GL842 chip inside. The model number on the bottom of the scanner is 85-0110-200. This scanner works very well using the Visioneer Roadwarrior settings. I think they are identical twins ;-). Pierre, can you add this scanner to the cvs?

Also, I have a Pentax DS Mobile 600 that works pretty well using the Visioneer Roadwarrior settings. I am going to tweak some of the settings, before I ask to have this added to cvs.

I will be getting a DocketPort 485 in a couple of days. This is an A4, duplex scanner. I will try it out using the XP300 settings and report back.

Also, if anyone else wants to try out their GL84x sheetfed scanner, 8 bit depth scanning is not working, but 16 bit scanning is working. Pierre recommends the following scanning command:

scanimage -x440 -y50 --resolution 75 --mode color --depth 16
--disable-interpolation=yes > img.pnm

Jack McGill