[sane-devel] Switching to git: are we there yet?

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Tue Mar 17 13:39:39 UTC 2009

Ilia Sotnikov <hostcc at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> I'm voting for the GIT for several reasons. First, the GIT would be
> more suitable for development - one could make branches and commits at
> his local repository without disturbing the main one during hist
> develpment process. Second, the GIT could make cooperating with
> external, open source backends, easier (assuming that they also using
> GIT).

That's the purpose. Now I'm waiting for the green light :)

I don't want to impose anything, and there may be ongoing developments
that people would probably want to be done with before we make the
switch. That's why I'm asking.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>