[sane-devel] Microtek ScanMaker 6400XL now working with microtek2 backend

ono at Safe-mail.net ono at Safe-mail.net
Sun Mar 22 15:08:10 UTC 2009

In 2008 I unsuccessfully tried using xsane under Ubuntu (live CD) with my Microtek ScanMaker 6400XL scanner.
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=310753&group_id=30186&atid=410366
On March 21, 2009, I downloaded the 'live' CD of the 20090320 build of Ubuntu 9.04 alpha which has xsane 0.996 as part of the distribution.
My Microtek ScanMaker 6400XL scanner now works using xsane 0.996.
Thanks for fixing the microtek2 backend in sane-backends 1.0.19.

The Microtek ScanMaker 6400XL scanner is not listed at http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html, either as supported or unsupported.
I was going to add an entry for the Microtek ScanMaker 6400XL as supported on the list at http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html.
I only saw a method for adding unsupported scanners at http://www.meier-geinitz.de/tinc?key=rDoQ7lrj&formname=adddev.
Is there some method for adding supported scanners to the list?