[sane-devel] Problem with HP Scanjet 7450c - Avision backend

Wayne Sherman wsherman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:06:23 UTC 2009

I installed sane on my Gentoo box to setup a scan server, but I am
experiencing the same problems as some others.  XSane and scanimage both
detect the scanner, but they crash when trying to preview or scan.

uname -a
Linux wopr 2.6.23-gentoo-r3 #4 SMP Fri Dec 28 20:36:48 PST 2007 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

sane-backends-1.0.19-r2
   (see http://gentoo-portage.com/media-gfx/sane-backends/ChangeLog)

scanimage --help:

Model: scanjet 7400c