[sane-devel] Mac OS X: sane pixma (not) scanning via network

Louis Lagendijk louis at lagendijk.xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 31 18:54:38 UTC 2009

hi Peter
finally some good news then! This proves that the backend basically
works on the Mac as well. I an only suprised to see that I had to
increase timeouts from the 10 seconds I used after Raoul had problems on
his mp620.
It would be good to see the logfiles of the failing attempts again. I
would like to check if there is a similarity in the places where the
failures occur. It may be a case that a timeout on USB is set too short
as well. Nicolas, could that be possible? On bjnp a read_bulk apparently
took more than 10 seconds to return. If something similar happens on
USB, would it be possible for the backend to loose synchronization with
the scanner?

Peter, can you check a normal scan without -T:
scanimage --resolution=300 --format=tiff> test.tiff and confirm that
this works ok too?

I  will anyhow commit the changes to the pixma_bjnp.c

best regards,
Louis