[sane-devel] compile sane snapshot under Freebsd 7.1

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Sat May 2 20:59:30 UTC 2009

I'm very glad to hear someone was able to test under FreeBSD.  Thats the
main platform I do not have access to.  Really need to set up a qemu
image some day.

Replies below.

On 05/02/2009 11:14 AM, m. allan noah wrote:
> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Louis Lagendijk
> <louis at lagendijk.xs4all.nl>  wrote:
>
> - libgphoto2 is not found, solved it temporarily by adding
> ${GPHOTO2_LDFLAGS} to the end of the GPHOTO2_LIBS line. I know this is
> an ugly hack....
>

> Maybe Chris can chime in on that one?

Agree its an issue.  Got a working patch I'll submit.  Also, need a
related update to sane-config.in.   I'll test a little more and submit
tomorrow.

>> canon_dr.c picks the wrong saneopts.h (from /usr/local/sane). possibly
>> other sources do the same, but I for now simply removed the old sane
>> includes
>>

> most backends seem to include the system sane files instead of the src
> ones. perhaps we should change that at some point?

I didn't worry about this because I assumed our -I options should always
force it to look for internal versions first.

AM_CPPFLAGS = -I. -I$(srcdir) -I$(top_builddir)/include
-I$(top_srcdir)/include -DLIBDIR="$(libdir)/sane"

Somehow your still getting -I/usr/local/include with higher priority.
How was that specified?  "./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include"?

Can you look at what command line options are being used to compile?
You will need to edit backend/Makefile and remove the "--silent" from
$LIBTOOL.

>> tools/sane-find-scanner: -lcam missing (added a ${SCSI_LIB} to the LD
>> line
>>

> ok. Chris? :)

Agree its missing.  I'll submit patch by tomorrow.

Chris