[sane-devel] Canon MP700 Error during device I/O

Dominik Wnek dominalien at netscape.net
Sat May 9 20:59:52 UTC 2009

Hello,

I know this issue has been discussed extensively during the past month.

I'm trying to get working a Canon SmartBase MP700 Photo (this is a
European model); lsusb reports:

ID 04a9:2630 Canon, Inc. MultiPASS MP700

with easily predictable scanning results:

Error during device I/O

I have also been reading the threads "MP730 driver broken since
pixma-0.12.2" and "ERROR DURING READ: Error during device I/O PIXMA" and
realise there has been success and that work is planned on this soon.

The attached log was obtained using the instructions quoted below;
they're from the thread "ERROR DURING READ: Error during device I/O
PIXMA".

I understand my device is not the same as the PIXMA, but the error seems
to be the same and I'm thinking maybe I am able to provide useful info.

The system is Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28, libusb 0.1.12, sane-backends
compiled from latest (20090509) git snapshot.

Hope this is useful. Looking forward to using the device in Linux :-)

Thanks,

Dominik