[sane-devel] Canon MP700 Error during device I/O

Wade Fitzpatrick wade.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sun May 10 02:18:18 UTC 2009

Hi Dominik

Firstly, please send the output of ``lsusb -v'' for the Canon device so
that we can confirm that it also suffers from the bug in
sanei/sanei_usb.c where it tries to use the wrong endpoints. See
http://waddles.org/content/sane-canon-mp730-driver for more info. There
is still some work to be done for reliable support but the patches there
should at least get it working.

AFAIK, SmartBase, imageCLASS and MultiPASS are all just different
marketing names for the same devices, depending on which region they
were sold in.

Regards,
Wade.