[sane-devel] ICC support for SANE

Yiannis Belias jonnyb at hol.gr
Mon May 11 19:38:20 UTC 2009

Julien BLACHE wrote
> To put it in a nutshell: uniquely identifying a scanner, don't count
> on it. If it was doable, we would have done so loooooong ago already.
>
> Fact is, USB scanners reporting a serial number at the USB level are
> the exception. And as Allan wrote already, even otherwise, not a lot
> of machines expose a serial number. Manufacturers just don't care,
> except on high-end machines.

OK, thank's for clarifying that. It would be the ideal case of cource,
but we can live with that. It should only affect people with multiple
identical scanners who also use a custom profile for each one.
It could be taken care of in the gui in some way - if there ever is a need.

Yiannis

--
Yiannis Belias  <jonnyb at hol.gr>                    `
Homepage [http://users.hol.gr/~jonnyb/video] '              .