[sane-devel] On HP CM1312nfi (again)

Guido Milanese guido.milanese at unicatt.it
Sun May 24 22:02:02 UTC 2009

Dear Experts,
some months ago I received help on the same subject. At the time, I
was on Ubuntu 8.04. Now I installed Ubuntu 9.04 and I cannot use this
multifunction printer/scanner to scan -- as a printer it's all right.
(1) scanimage -L
device
`hpaio:/usb/HP_Color_LaserJet_CM1312nfi_MFP?serial=00CNB887VNKR' is a
Hewlett-Packard HP_Color_LaserJet_CM1312nfi_MFP all-in-one

(2) running hp-scan from command line recognizes the scanner:

Using device:
hpaio:/usb/HP_Color_LaserJet_CM1312nfi_MFP?serial=00CNB887VNKR

but I receive an error message:

except scanext.error, e:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/hp-scan", line 667, in <module>
    sane.reportError(e)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'reportError'

and the programme exits. Using xsane I get an error of I/O.

I found some threads googling, as this one:
https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/47118

The HP page lists the scanner as perfectly supported.

Thanks again for your attention.

guido, italy

--
Guido Milanese - Professor of Latin
The Catholic University, Milan and Brescia, Italy