[sane-devel] HP 4850 backend

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sun Nov 1 20:06:01 UTC 2009

Le dimanche 1 novembre 2009 20:09:40 Александр Панков, vous avez écrit :
> Hello!
>
> I have got a HP Scanjet 4850 photo scanner. As far as I know, it is not
>  supported by Sane yet, and I'm going to write a backend for it.
>
> Anyone can help me? I have some questions.
> 1. Did anybody try to write 4850 backend? Why it is not supported?
> 2. If no... How to start?
>
> Thanks, A.

	Hello,

	this scanner is reported to have a GL841 ASIC. If so it could be added to the
genesys backend. Try sane-find-scanner to check the ASIC. If it is really
GL841 based, have a look at the genesys*.[ch] sources. You can start by adding
needed entries in genesys.conf.in and genesys_devices.c and then start to
tests.

Regards,
	Stef