[sane-devel] Nikon Coolscan LS-40 ED Installation

S Milliken sdmilliken at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 19:03:28 UTC 2009

I have searched the internet, looking for a possible solution to getting my
scanner up and running. I believe it is a problem with the coolscan3.conf
set up. There errors I get are:

In the coolscan3.conf file, if the word "auto" is there and then xsane is
run, I get the following error:

*- Fail open device 'coolscan3:usb:libusb:006:002': invalid argument*

If I place the line *coolscan3:usb:libusb:006:002 *in place of "auto", I get
the following error:

*- No Devices Available.*

I have the following system:

Mepis 8 - 64 bit, 4-GB RAM, 2 -500 GB Hard drives.
Nikon LS-40 ED film scanner.

I have attached a copy of my coolscan3.conf file.

I there is anything I've missed and you require, let me know.

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

--
Mepis Linux, Simply Mepis.