[sane-devel] 6400 dpi on Epson V700?

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Nov 16 01:05:38 UTC 2009

Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp> writes:

> David Heinrich <dh003i at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm using xsane and iscan ("Image Scan") to interface with my Epson V700
>> scanner, and they don't show options for scanning beyond 3200 dpi.
>
> The 3200dpi limitation was lifted in iscan-2.11.0.  The latest version
> is 2.22.1, so you may want to give that a spin ...  Packages available
> from
>
>   http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/scan/DL1.do

Forgot to mention one thing though.  You need to remove the GT-X900
entry from the `fs-blacklist` file to activate the device's extended
command set for use by the backend.
# The Perfection V700 is marketed as a GT-X900 in Japan.

Note that the device has not been tested in this setup at all and things
may not work as they should (although I do not expect any serious bugs).
Whether things work for you or not, we'd like to know so we may remove
the device from our blacklist.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962