[sane-devel] As instructed by /etc/udev/rules.d/libsane.rules

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Wed Nov 18 00:27:13 UTC 2009

Julien BLACHE wrote:
> However, when it comes to udev rules, care must be taken with the LABELs
> inside the rules file. The LABELs must not be repeated from one file to
> another; failing that, chaos will ensue. (that may make a machine
> unbootable until all duplicate LABELs are removed ... been there, done
> that, got to keep both pieces)
epkowa had problems when a LABEL was mentioned more than once in the same udev
rules file (this resulted from a bug in our rules file generation script). For a
long time we were using the same LABELs as the libsane rules file without any
problems at all, but we decided not do that anymore just in case. I haven't seen
any problems with this, but we should be careful.

--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp