[sane-devel] As instructed by /etc/udev/rules.d/libsane.rules

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Wed Nov 18 23:31:27 UTC 2009

Julien BLACHE wrote:
> If we really want to do that, then we must agree on a location for those
> files and we need to ship a wrapper script that will rebuild the rules
> from the desc files.
>
> This is how it'll work:
>  - third party backend package is installed
>     -> calls update-sane-udev <descname without .desc>
>        -> /lib/udev/rules.d/XX_backendname.rules is created
>  - sane-backends is upgraded
>     -> calls update-sane-udev
>        -> all rules files are recreated

This sounds good to me. Other than creating this wrapper script that is aware of
the location of the .desc files and making sure the generated udev rules LABELs
are unique (or non-existent), it doesn't really sound like there is anything to
be done outside of packaging changes.

Happy scanning,
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp