[sane-devel] how to work GT-S620(Perfection V30) on ARM?

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 13:48:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 8:22 AM, Ryosuke kojima <raspy at mbf.nifty.com> wrote:

> thanks for the information.
>
> I changed few lines Epjitsu backend for gt-s620 and tested it.
> Initlializing(Firmware transportation and initializing on the scanner) only
> works.
>
> this scanner's basic commands (Ex:checking status) are same as Epjitsu one,
> but other various commands seem different.. it's a hard way.

yes- the epjitsu driver was created entirely by reverse engineering from
logs of the windows driver in action. I have heard from other Epson scanner
owners that the epjitsu driver can be hammered into scanning with their
machines. However, there are enough differences between machines that
integrating the changes will require significant rework.

allan