[sane-devel] Epkowa backend + XSane preview

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Wed Nov 25 01:56:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

Ille wrote:
> I do have a problem with XSane (0.997) and the epkowa backend (out o
> f iscan_2.22.1-2). My scanner is a Perfection 4490 Photo, so I'm using
> the GT-X750 plugin.
>
> Is this a problem with epkowa backend or with xsane?
> Could someone tell me where I could look to correct this behaviour?
I've looked into this and found that it is a problem with XSANE.

This particular model has a different set of X and Y resolutions. More
specifically, when using the TPU, the lowest available X resolution is 300 dpi,
while the lowest available Y resolution is 100 dpi. XSANE ends up scanning at
300x100 dpi for the preview and the height of the resulting image gets squashed.

This is something that will need to be fixed in XSANE. I've sent an e-mail to
the XSANE developer (Oliver Rauch) about this.

In the meantime you'll have to use iscan if you want to scan with the TPU.

Happy scanning,
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp