[sane-devel] informing the user they need to turn on the power?

Paul Wise pabs3 at bonedaddy.net
Fri Oct 2 02:30:09 UTC 2009

Hi all,

[Please CC me, I'm not subscribed]

The scanner I'm working on (Lexmark X2330) shows up in USB when the
scanner has wall power but the blue LED embedded in the power on button
is off. When in that state, the scanner returns an specific error code
indicating what I can only assume is "please turn scanner on". I have a
working standalone driver at this stage. For when I start working on a
SANE backend, is there a way for a SANE backend to inform the user that
the power is off and they need to press the power button?

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/