[sane-devel] Support for Canon MF4320d

Markus Wanner markus at bluegap.ch
Tue Oct 6 10:03:54 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm wondering if pixma backend might support the scanner part of the
newish Canon MF43x0d devices (x ranging from 2 to 5, depending on
having an automatic document feeding (3 and 5) and/or additional fax
module (4 and 5)).

The list of supported devices already sports MF412x as well as MF4270,
which all look pretty similar to the new products, in spec as well as
optically.

Does anybody else have such a device to test? Do you think it'd be
worth a try (given I have decent C programming skills, but not much
time). The hardware seems to have a pretty high
bang-for-the-bucks-ratio, but I'm hesitant as I need Linux support
(and much prefer OSS drivers).

Regards

Markus Wanner