[sane-devel] Proposing help to support Canon ImageClass MF4380dn

Raimondo Giammanco [VKICC] giammacc at vki.ac.be
Fri Oct 16 08:14:42 UTC 2009

Hello,

  I've seen the thread of Tuesday 06 October about "Support for Canon
MF4320d",and I'd like to offer help with a canon imageclass 4380dn in my
possession.

  I've made it buy in August from my girlfriend, that I've converted to
linux: in the paper was a very good printer (HP, my first choice, was
too expensive) since in the canon press the drivers were promised in
september.

  Now they recently updated the ufr drivers for linux to 1.9 and now I
can print correctly via network, it remains the network scanner.

  I've read that you need some infos to include this scanner into sane,
if you point me to some documentation on how to provide sniffing,
tracing, poking in windows (company laptop comes handy) I'll be glad to
help,

  I've a vested interest in the matter...

  Cheers,
Raimondo