[sane-devel] Sane

Valéry HELENON linux at expert-computer.fr
Sat Oct 17 01:36:21 UTC 2009

My Experience :

I bought a Iriscan Experss 2 scanner.
After several trys, I made it work and here is my confiuration

File GT68xx.conf in /etc/sane.d/ :

usb 0x07b3 0x045f
override "plustek-opticslim-m12"
firmware /usr/share/sane/gt68xx/cism216.fw

I copyed the firmware file to /usr/share/sane/gt68xx/

I had to play with usb permission to get it work without sudo. I changed
the right of /dev/bus/usb/002/ witch is the usb port used by the
scanner, making myself the new owner.

The scanner work with GIMP, XSANE, GSCAN2PDF.

The only thing is that I have warning messages at xsane startup :

[gt68xx] WARNING: You have manually added the ids of your scanner
[gt68xx]          to gt68xx.conf. Please use an appropriate override
[gt68xx]          for your scanner. Use extreme care and switch off
[gt68xx]          the scanner immediately if you hear unusual noise.
[gt68xx]          Please report any success to
[gt68xx]          sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org. Please provide as
many
[gt68xx]          details as possible, e.g. the exact name of your
[gt68xx]          scanner, ids, settings etc.

Is there anyway to take it out ?

Many Thanks.