[sane-devel] Canon imageCLASS MF4370dn

Adrian Sandor aditsu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 03:34:19 UTC 2009

Well, you didn't say how. Fortunately I found some instructions at http://mp610.blogspot.com/2008/04/give-your-scanner-new-freshly-sane.html
So I installed the latest git version, and.. I confirm that I am able to scan via USB!
Specifically, scanimage -L detects the device, then in order to scan, first I have to press the "scan" button twice on the device to 1) put it in scanning mode and 2) select usb scanning, then I am able to scan e.g. from gimp via xsane.
If I don't press the "scan" button like that, I just get an error message "Error during read: Device busy."
There's also a "Button-controlled scan" option that requires me to press a button both in the software and on the device to start scanning; it works but I don't find it very useful.
However, I can't find any way to access the scanner over the network. That's ok for now because I am the main user and the device is right near my computer, but in the future it would be nice to have the option.

Thanks
Adrian