[sane-devel] Canon imageCLASS MF4370dn

Adrian Sandor aditsu at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 05:04:50 UTC 2009

> Ok, so I see only 1 difference with other Pixma devices, the fact you

> need to enter into scanning mode manually (press "scan" twice on the
> device).
> Other Pixma enter automatically into the scanning mode when they receive
> the Sane messages, i.e. simply after a click on "scan" or "preview" in
> xsane.

Yes, and more than that, if the device is in power-saving mode, I have to press another button to wake it up first, then put it in scanning mode.
And if I let it sit idle after scanning, it goes to copy mode after a while, and later to power-saving mode.

> Note that to scan several pages in "button-controlled" mode, when in
> front of the device, select first several pages to scan in xsane.
> Then click "scan" on xsane *only* for the first page.
> After, just use the scanner button to scan the next page.
> xsane will stop the scan mode when the count of pages you set is reach.
> (or click on cancel).

That doesn't work for me. I selected "Button-controlled scan" and 2 pages, but after scanning one page, xsane stops waiting and I have to click again.
I also tried that earlier without "Button-controlled scan" but using the ADF - still only one page scanned for every click on "scan".

Adrian