[sane-devel] HP deskjet F4400 series

David Fourer dfourer at comcast.net
Tue Sep 15 22:07:21 UTC 2009

re:HP deskjet F4400 series  (f4480)
This series of HP all-in-one printer/scanners is not mentioned anywhere
in the compatibility charts.
I tried the search engine at
http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl
for a complete list and nothing came up.
I can't find the word "deskjet" anywhere in the compatibility charts.
Am I missing something?

I have this brand new machine and want to know if I should just give up
now.
If I wanted to try a different HP usb-type back-end, how would I do
that?  Everything seems to be automatic.
I was very happy with sane/xsane and my Epson all-in-one.
Thanks.

Ubuntu 9.04   standard install with sane and xsane by default.
sane 1.0.19
david at david-laptop:~$ sane-find-scanner
found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [HP], product=0x7711 [Deskjet F4400
series]) at libusb:001:007
david at david-laptop:~$ sudo scanimage -L
No scanners were identified. ...