[sane-devel] Fw: Re: Portable Scanners

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Thu Sep 17 04:19:55 UTC 2009

Le mercredi 16 septembre 2009 09:17:25 Gigi Trezzi, vous avez écrit :
> Thanks,
> I have read the Conrad's mail, but I do not succeed to understand where
> to find the patch and where to insert the patch
> backend/gt68xx_devices.c
> because I have the rows gt68xx in this position: /etc/sane.d/gt68xx.conf
> I must make un' other rows?
> Thanks

	Hello,

	the gt68xx has an 'override' feature that would fit your case. Edit
/etc/sane.d/gt68xx.conf and add the following lines (don't need to touch other
lines):

usb 0x07b3 0x045f
override "plustek-opticslim-m12"

	It will make the backend treat your scanner like the optic slim M12 which is
what the patch is doing. Be sure you have installed the cism216.fw firmware
file. Otherwise the scanner will be detected but won't work.

	There more details on overriding at http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-
backend/adding.html

Regards,
	Stef