[sane-devel] Using a new backend with an old sane

Christophe Gaubert christophe.gaubert at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 08:23:07 UTC 2009

Le 25/09/09, m. allan noah a écrit :

> it should work. you will just have to make sure to:
>
> 1. give the correct arguments to configure
> 2. setup the correct symlinks in /usr/lib/sane
> 3. copy the config file to /etc/sane.d
> 4. add the name of the backend to /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

Thanks for the recipe :-)
Now, I only need to translate it in a recipe with 20 000 steps -_-

Indeed, the scanner is owned by a linux newbie. He has just installed
Mandriva for the first time and he's asking for help on another mailing
list...

> But honestly, it might be easier to rebuild the entire sane-backends
> package. BTW- sane 1.0.20 is more than 4 months old, what is your
> distro waiting for? :)

^_^

Well, I'm surprised that sane 1.0.20 isn't available, even in the devel
version of the distro.... Oh wait, I see that the last iteration of
sane-bakends-1.0.19 contains a file "hp_rts88xx.conf". Since I have
searched rts8891, I hadn't seen it the first time.

I will go ask to packagers if it's the good one. Maybe they add new
backends to sane 1.0.19.

--
Christophe Gaubert