[sane-devel] Epson Perfection V700 PHOTO/GT-X900 scan size

Alesh Slovak alesh.slovak at avasys.jp
Mon Apr 19 23:24:54 UTC 2010

Rei Shinozuka wrote:
> I am using sane-backends-1.0.20 with xsane-0.996 on ubuntu 9.04
> 2.6.28-18-generic.
>
> I have a Epson Perfection V700 PHOTO (a.k.a. GT-X900).
>
> I can make scans with this setup, but I think the software is limiting
> the scan size of this scanner.

If you haven't already, you could try the iscan/epkowa backend. You can get it
from here: http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/scan/DL1.do

After installation you may need to edit /usr/share/iscan/fs-blacklist by
removing the line containing "GT-X900" to get the functionality you are looking
for. Doing this is untested and may introduce other problems, so you'll want to
try without editing the file first.

Happy scanning,
--
Alesh Slovak                    Linux Team -- AVASYS Corporation
alesh.slovak at avasys.jp          http://avasys.jp