[sane-devel] One more try to get CX5000 scanner working.

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 02:04:55 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:28 AM, tj <999alfred at comcast.net> wrote:
> I posted this before, but all I got where "it's supported answers." I had to
> stop worrying with it for a while, but now I really want tot get it working.
> Ok, user is a member of scanner group. I have a Canon FB630U scanner that
> under sane, but is terribly, terribly slow (go take a nap when scanning an
> 8.5x11).

Hi,
For the CX5000 and its aliases, the current CVS SANE lists it as
supported with the "epson" backend:
http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html

> ~ $ /sbin/lsusb
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04b8:082b Seiko Epson Corp. Stylus DX5050

OK.

> ~ $ sane-find-scanner
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x082b [USB2.0
> MFP(Hi-Speed)]) at libusb:001:003

OK.

> ~ $ scanimage -L
> No scanners were identified.

Try a CVS version of SANE, from the git repository.

> >From /etc/udev/rules.d/80-libsane.rules

Maybe someone can chime in.

> In /etc/sane.d/dll.conf I had
> epson
> #epkowa
> epson2

Ditto.

> I read somewhere to try commenting out epson and uncommenting epkowa, which
> I did and restated, but no change.

Ditto.

> Slackware 13 distro.

Maybe try CVS SANE, distro SANE may be a lot older.

> Also, where in the /dev tree is the device placed?

probably /dev/bus/usb/001/003

Regards,
Gernot