[sane-devel] how to force pixma backend to detect a scanner?

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 21:12:26 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I've modified the pixma backend (pixma_mp150.c) to include the
CanoScan 9000F just like the 8800F which is there already. A user who
owns the 9000F is trying to compile SANE from git and is having
trouble getting the backend to "collect" the scanner.

sane-find-scanner detects the scanner, for example, like:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1908 [CanoScan])
at libusb:001:007

But scanimage -L, when run with debug statements, does not show and
"pixma_collect_devices()" line and the scanner is not found.

The user added "usb 0x04a9 0x1908" to /etc/sane.d/pixma.conf and
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/pixma.conf with no effect it seems.

Are there any files I have missed where the backend must be told about
the next USB ID to recognize?

Regards,
Gernot
--