[sane-devel] Canon MP510 support modifications (generation 1)

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 15:56:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 12:31 AM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is not unusual for a machine to need the left and right side of
> image to fall on some byte boundary of a full width scan, or the delta
> x to need to be somehow 'even' (number of bytes, number of pixels,
> etc). Of course, this machine could have some other crazy limits no
> one has seen before :)

Looks like the MP510 insists on the x start being multiples of 0x20
(decimal 32) under the Windows driver.
This is for generation 2 devices, which this is --- I made a mistake
in writing it is a generation 1 device. Now the trick is to find out
why the code is not detecting this limitation (i.e., ascertain what
generation the backend thinks this machine is). Fun!

Regards,
Gernot
--
ISP Asahi-Net: http://asahi-net.jp/en/