[sane-devel] multibyte PNM normal result of TPU scan with pixma backend?

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 12:58:04 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I just got some results from film scans with the new Canoscan 9000F.
GIMP cannot open the file, complaining about unsupported maximum value
(65535 below), indicating I think multibyte image. The header looks as
follows:

P6
# XSane settings:
#  resolution_x    =  300.0
#  resolution_y    =  300.0
#  gamma      IRGB = 1.09 1.00 1.00 1.00
#  brightness IRGB =  0.8  0.0  0.0  0.0
#  contrast   IRGB =  0.8  0.0  0.0  0.0
#  color-management= 0
#  cms-function    = 0
#  cms-intent      = 0
#  cms-bpc         = 0
#  icm-profile     = z^?
# XSANE data follows
01746 00901
65535

I wonder if there is some setting that need to be made in the front
end... if so I should let the user know. I can think of "reduce 16 bit
image to 8 bit" in the Xsane options, but this is usually off by
default. Other than that, I do not see any options I can discover.

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug
--
ISP Asahi-Net: http://asahi-net.jp/en/